Sunday 1 September 2013

Marry me Miley Cyrus and other stories.....


I know this normally isn't a social comment page.  It's more a page where things rattle around in my brain and spill out to the world. My topics are generally egomaniacal and make me look good.  I feel like I need to say something to the idiots of the world: "Miley Cyrus is a kid with a camera pointed at her - if you don't like it look away".

I don't like Miley's music, in fact I had to look up how to spell her last name, but she's 20, and 20 year olds are stupid when they are poor and unknown so throw money and fame into the mix they turn into morons.  So rather than having prudish media people spout on about the way the puritanical world should work, where we all live in a guilded cage of innocence, how about just shut the hell up about it? Even me, why does it matter what I think? I can tell you right now it doesn't and it shouldn't one bit.

As an adult heterosexual (metrosexual as well) I have a hard time believing she is 20. She still looks like an undernourished 14 year old to me, but I'm a year away from 40. I am not being an atypical male here or pretending I don't find 20 year old women attractive. So to prove it I offer to you that Selena Gomez is just more my type. I guarantee you I am not hers.  So Miley and I just don't connect, but I respect her right to be fabulous and marry someone else.  

In the good old days A journalist's job was to fill newspapers with hard facts that were hard fought and uncovered truths about a myriad of worldly subjects.  Now all they seem to get paid to do is take pictures of young girls that don't wear underwear, and 'the public', the sheep of the world, gather around at the mothers teet of what passes for hard news these days to lap up the stupidity.

If you think Miley was the first 20 year old chick to grind up against a 35 year old man in the history of the world, then you're and idiot. If you let your kids watch it and you think they shouldn't have, then you're an idiot. If you think the world is all fairy tales and roses, then you're an idiot. Tell your kids what's right and wrong, don't hide their eyes, let them make decisions for themselves.  The lowest common denominator does not always win, but they do often get attention.  Good and bad exists and if you learn from the right people in your life you will understand that.  Give a kid an iPad and never have a conversation with him or her (which is mostly what happens today) then expect your kids will be overly sexualized idiot robots when they get older.  There is no secret here people, and at the end of the day some people ARE JUST BAD, and it doesn't matter how well they were raised or how much they were sheltered.

Miley is not stupid, she is not on drugs, she may even be a prude in real life (sincerely doubt that), but she is a business person in a bikini. Every 20 year old idiot in the world wants to be her and 30 plus wants to vilify her and let's go to the iTunes scoreboard..... Album released and its number 1. If you didn't want it to be then the supposed good parents society should have shut your mouth and let the televised sex scene disappear into the worldwide abyss. Instead you wouldn't shut up about it and now even I'm chiming in.

Remember Cher? Remember Madonna? Remember Brittany? Remember Janet and Justin? They did the same thing dumbass, and it was just a couple of years ago.  God I wish the planet of idiots would wake up to the commercialization issues in this and not the bump and grind. People don't grow up to want to be sheep.  When you are 20, as a general rule, your tiny disfunctional brain does not want to fit in, so why would we expect her to wear a parka and snow pants (although I'm sure the PR wizards in the music business are concocting the Anti-Miley aka the Avril of this generation right now). If you are going to give kids the platform, the microphone, and the money then what do we expect, and why should it surprise us?

I was an idiot at 20, and so were you. Get over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment